My avatar

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thing 6

There are many different sites on web 2.0 that I use and are awesome.The site I choose to explore is the Picasa Web Albums. Picasa Web Albums it is a google web photo-hosting service. Users get 1gb of free hosting, and images can be uploaded and manipulated using Picasa.

 I took an English class last year here at Austin Peay and that was the first time I was introduced to Picasa. We had several things to do that we learned while using the new soft ware. I made a brochure explaining each unique technique on how to use Picasa. I chose this particular one because after the class I still continue to use it. What fascinated me recently with Picasa, I thought I lost all my pictures when I took my computer to the shop to replace the hard drive. The repair man told me that he could not recover my pictures because the part of the hard drive that they were on was  corrupt. I was very upset and just forgot all about it.

Several months later I wanted to use Picasa again. I had to re download the program to my computer again. Once I did that LOW AND BEHOLD all my pictures that I had came back when I re downloaded the program! I don't know if many people know this, I just know I learned something new. Talk about a happy camper :) I just wanted to share my experience its like everything I had was saved in outer space.

CHECK IT OUT!

https://picasaweb.google.com/

1 comment:

  1. I remember the Picasa project. Talk about a pain in the neck, but the program is pretty neat. Glad you got your pictures back.

    ReplyDelete