My avatar

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thing 4

My personal experience with commenting on a post or in a classroom discussion was the best. Having the ability to share your thoughts with someone who might be working at the same goal as you, is just awesome. Learning new idea's no matter how far or close you are to one another.

Committing on someones post helps you to appreciate the idea that someone is interested in what you are saying and they are helping you by giving you another point of view for the same exact question that you are answering.

I committed on Blair Offutt his ideas about 3 things. He had some wonderful ideas about communicating and using technology in the classroom. I shared with him my experience with taking an online class from Phoenix University, it was great. I also talked about how students might act using blogging and chatting. I compare it with how in a traditional classroom you might not get everyone to participate but technology like this we might not be able to type fast enough for our student we would have mass participation. WOW! Wouldn't that be great:)

I committed on Tabitha Beard's post about thing 5. She talked about 20 ways for student to become more involved in their education. I thought this was a very good idea but also I think that they should understand and want to learn the traditional way to learn things. Technology although great I shared my views about understanding that knowing the traditional way to do things would also help enrich their life. Technology today is very powerful. I also shared my view about how overwhelming the technology maybe for some older educators. There is a lot of good information out there and as long as it stays simple enough for all ages to comprehend this is excellent! :) We all can learn new and innovative ways 

I also committed on Candice Casadys thing 4. She talked about the importance of committing on peoples post. I agreed ed with her about this. I also told her that I had her name written down in my book as one of my previous posted commits. It just felt like dajavo posting another commit because I distinctly remember her beautiful background.

One of my favorite post was when I committed on Melissa O thing 10. Her post was excellent about the RSS Feeder but I was so impressed with her picture we did not even talk about the RSS Feeder. I click on her picture went to that site and made one just like it and posted it on one of my sites. She also committed on my picture that we had to put on diigo and told me the answer to my question I asked about the television show that was playing when I took the picture. I do not know about Melissa but for me I was so happy that someone read my post and by answering my question, made me feel important and happy at the same time. COMMITTING IS GREAT! I hope I get to commit on all my classmates at least once if not more. This should have been on thing 4 OOPPSS:)

I also committed on Elsa Leininger thing 11. We basically had the same idea about the RSS Feeds. We both joined the ones Dr. Wall suggested as a starting point. I told her her post was sweet and straight to the point.

I was impressed with Brandy Cardwells post on her thing 12. I told Brandy that I used Google for awhile but did not know about all the tools they had to offer. I agree with her that some of the tools are more useful for teachers other than students. Brandy also had a eye catching page and made me stop and take a second look. I also committed on how wonderful her page looks, and asked if she could help me with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment