My avatar

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thing 5

 Web 2.0: A Guide For Educators is a learning tool for teachers to use technology in the classroom. How to integrate technology into their classrooms? How to use it and the best way to use it. It interested me because it has all types of information on building a blog, webinares, tech forums, and a list of many types of resources. It also guides teachers to understanding the technology and the changes they are going through trying to continue having a positive learning environment in the classroom. I know we have all experienced that old foggie that just does not want to change. Well A guide for educators is just that, teaching teachers how to change and making there life a little easier and keeping the standards of learning.

The transformation of education, this is what school 2.0 means to me. A social network of teachers
collaborating to enhance the preparation of students learning. Student from all over the  world eager to learn in a very positive and productive way. When I was in high school it was a fashion show of who had on the coolest outfit. The teachers could not tell if they were there to learn or put on a show. Today with all the high powered technology student are eager to tell the teacher about different sites they visited and what they learned. Instead of reading about different countries you can chat with or blog about what you learned from the actual person in that country. The integrating of many different types of technology in the class room is most powerful and intriguing.

Schools of the future have a lot of advantages today, more than we had when I was in school. Although I like the idea of technology in the classroom we still need to remember the basic. Having pens and paper, going to the library to get a book and find out the information needed for that subject of interest. We cannot just rely on technology, although it is good, so are the basics. Just last night her in Clarksville we had a very bad thunderstorm. THE POWER WENT OUT! I was right in the middle of writing my blog. I have a battery on my computer but the internet provider was down. I thought to my self what if it didn't come back on for days or weeks, then what. I quickly changed the direction that I was writing about. The transformation of education is great, but  we still need for our student to know that although this is the direction schools of today are going  we still need to know and understand how it started. The basic the old fashioned way will never go out of style. I still like coming to school wearing something new and showing it off.


1 comment:

  1. I strongly agree with you. We need to teach how the students are interested in learning, but at the same time we need to make sure we still know how to "survive" without the internet. They need to know that technology isn't the only way to making a good grade and gaining knowledge.

    ReplyDelete