My avatar

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thing 18

I currently have a facebook account, I use it to keep in touch with friends and family. I also signed up forhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/137494276493/ I
 will use it to learn what is going on in the Claxton building. I also have a twitter account, but I do not really use it.

Facebook has become an essential part of student life for most college students. It serves as a way students can communicate with teachers, classmates and different type of clubs. 

However social networking sites may be a way to reach students I think that there should be a sense of maturity while using this as a learning tool for students. I like the litle skit that Fieneas and Furb use on the Disney Channel about internet safety. Yea I watch cartoons:).

I learned that everyone on facebook does not use twitter and everyone on twitter does not have a facebook account. Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one that did not use twitter.

I would have to say that I like facebook better. My reason for this is prior to actually learning about posting and social networking I like the games. I played farmville everyday until I made a city. Yea you can check me out and become my neighbor on cityville, I'm totally addicted. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly to say on twitter other than hay come and be my neighbor or friend on my facebook account I just love it. I have conversations all the time with people I do not know. 

This is were maturity comes in. Our children are very vulnerable we need to watch and monitor there moves.

This social networking site could be very useful in a classroom but like I said previously SAFETY before TECHNOLOGY is a TO DO!!!!!!

If you want to look me up my name is Janie Walker I friend everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment