My avatar

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thing 16

Wow what another great exercise. I was really impressed with the idea that Google wasn't just a search engine. I created an igoogle page and I continue to use it. THAT'S MY START UP PAGE :)

I also created an online calendar from 30boxes that I am sharing with the class. It just has some of my activities for the rest of the month on it. I am good with this part of the exercise. As I said before I am an older student and I have all type of calendars everywhere:):):):):):). I have a wall calendar hanging in my bedroom, posted on the wall in my bathroom, one hanging on the refrigerator in the kitchen. My igoogle page has a calendar, my cell phone has a calendar, it also has a special ringtone for each apt that I have on a particular day. I have several calendars that I use particular school assignments. I'm calendar CRAZY!!:)

http://30boxes.com/widget/8381228/JanieWalker/6412522aa39c44b59ed7ce6218476ae7/0/

As far as any other tools and programs are concerned I better take it slow. I do not want to get burned out on all the new technology I'm learning about. Creating or converting file to PDF I do not think I need that right now. My computer is pretty advanced I have not had a problem with send my files out. I have looked at several of the programs but they require some form of payment. I do not think that I need this right now but will keep it in mind for the future.

I also made a to do list that I thought was pretty neat. This reminds me of small chores that I might want to accomplish around the house. I did not share this because the only thing I could think of for this was my grocery list::) Just like my calendar I have these all over my house too.:):)

The most useful tools for me right now are my calendars and my to do list. I keep up with all my assignments, when there due. It also works well with my life at home keeping things straight. Making sure my son is at apt on time and the correct day. That is one of the main reason I started keeping so many calendars.

No comments:

Post a Comment